When receiving a customer payment, you can either receive against an invoice unrelated to an invoice.
RECEIVING PAYMENT AGAINST AN INVOICE
- Open the invoice (Sales - Invoices) and click "Settled" on the selector.
- On page 2, choose your bank and add further details if required.
- Apply partial payment by editing the payment amount on page 2:
For payment on account, prepayments or payments that settle several invoices, proceed to "Sales Receipts"
DELETING A PAYMENT
- Open the invoice and proceed to page 2
- Highlight the payment line
- Click "cancel selected payment" and confirm
This action will also delete the bank deposit if relevant.
RECEIVING PAYMENT WITHOUT AN INVOICE
To receive a payment that is unrelated to an invoice, create a Sales Receipt (Sales - More - Sales Receipts - New Sales Receipt).
For more information about sales receipts, see Sales Receipts