Vendor quotes are used when negotiating a purchase from your vendor. Using vendor quotes allows you to keep track of offered prices from your vendors.
- Vendor Quotes are optional, if you don't use them, skip forward to Purchase Orders or Bills.
- Only products can be added to a vendor quote
- Tip: if you need to register a vendor quote for a service, please create a non inventory tracked product and use this in your document lines
A purchase order is an approval document for ordering from your vendor.
- Purchase Orders are optional, if you don't use them, skip forward to Bills.
- You can directly create a purchase order...
- Or, if your purchase order originates from a quote delivered by the vendor, in your vendor quote list, simply click "purchase" next the corresponding quote to generate your purchase order.
- Only products can be added to a purchase order
- Tip: if you need to register a purchase order for a service or any other kind of charges, please create a non inventory tracked product and use this in your document lines
Vendor bills are the financial document stating how much money you owe your vendor for which products ordered.
- Some companies have a very simple purchasing process. In that case, you can record your bill using New Vendor Bill.
- If your business uses a purchase order model for ordering products from vendors, you can use New Purchase Order to generate and print your document.
- When you're ready to record your bill, Convert Purchase Orders to Vendor Bills by clicking "bill" next to your purchase order in the corresponding list (View Purchase Orders). When you enter a bill, ONE UP automatically records accounting entries for you.
- If you need to add shipping costs, services, taxes other than VAT, please add them in your bill using the "expense" tab and select and according account.
- Using bills only, won't generate any inventory movements. Inventory movements are triggered by receiving notes.
Pay Vendor Bill
Use Pay Vendor Bill when it's time to pay your bill.
- You can also pay a bill in full by marking it as "settled", or go to the 2nd page (left side to DONE) of the bill to enter more advanced payment info.