Use this guide when buying products from your vendors and receiving them into inventory.
Vendor quotes are used when negotiating a purchase from your vendor. Using vendor quotes allows you to keep track of offered prices from your vendors.
- Vendor Quotes are optional, if you don't use them, skip forward to Purchase Orders or Bills.
- Tip: if you need to register a vendor quote for a service, please create a non inventory tracked product and use this in your document lines
A purchase order is an approval document for ordering from your vendor.
- Purchase Orders are optional, if you don't use them, skip forward to Receiving Notes (if you need inventory movements generated) or Bills (that would not generate inventory movements, but directly post into your Cost of Goods sold in the P&L)
- To generate a purchase order to give to your vendor, use New Purchase Order.
- If your purchase order originates from a quote delivered by the vendor, in your vendor quote list, simply click "purchase" next the corresponding quote to generate your purchase order.
- Only products can be added to a purchase order
- Tip: if you need to register a purchase order for a service or any other kind of charges, please create a non inventory tracked product and use this in your document lines
- Note: if you convert a purchase order directly into a bill, it can no longer be converted into a Receiving note (you would have to manually enter inventory instead).
Refer to the guide Receive Products for details about receiving orders.
Please note: Receiving notes are necessary to generate inventory movements!
Also if a purchase order has already been billed, it can no longer be received.
Vendor bills are the financial document stating how much money you owe your vendor for which products ordered.
- Use New Vendor Bill or create it by clicking "Bill" next to your receiving note in the corresponding list in the inventory menu.
- When you create a bill, ONE UP automatically records accounting entries for you.
- If you need to add shipping costs, services, taxes other than VAT, please add them in the "expense" tab and select and according account.
- Creating a vendor bill directly won't generate any inventory movements. Those products will be posted into your Cost of Goods sold in the P&L. To register inventory movements, a receiving note must be involved.
Pay Vendor Bill
Use Pay Vendor Bill when it's time to pay your bill.
You can also open your bill from View Vendor Bills and mark as paid in full ("settled"). You can also click the next button to go to the 2nd page of the bill, and enter more advanced payment info.