Before working with your new account, you may want to adjust some settings for your company in the Company Settings panel. This panel is only visible to administrators.
- Check or change your accounting currency
- Set up your Tax ID
- Choose the language in which your sales documents will be printed (printing language)
- Enable multi-currency, if needed
- Select the format in which your documents are being printed
- Set your accounting basis to accrual or cash (ask your accountant for details)
- Set up custom numbering for documents (auto numbering)
- Set your sales and purchase tax label (outside US)
- The working period does not necessarily equal the fiscal year, it is the period in which you allow any user in your account to register any kind of transaction
- Once you set up the accounting currency or accounting basis and register your first transaction, those settings cannot be changed anymore
- Updating the VAT label does not change it everywhere on-screen within the application, but it will always be used when sending or printing documents.
Each time you create a document, a unique code is generated for that document.
By default, each type of document has it's own naming convention, and the documents start at #1. So, for example your first invoice is called CINV-001 (Customer Invoice #1)
With Code Customization, you are able to alter the naming convention and the starting number. Code customization is available in Company Settings - Auto Numbering.
Select a document type from the box, As soon as selected, the second box shows what the "last" document was called-- and you are allowed to edit it.
On a new account, when you select "Invoice", the box will show CINV-000, that means the next customer invoice will be numbered CINV-001.
If you changed this to "INVOICE#100", then the next one would be called "INVOICE#101"